CINEMA HIRE, Rubys Cinema Wanaka
Rubys Cinema & Bar is the perfect venue for your special event. We have two luxury cinemas seating from 12 to 37 people, and an intimate bar area. Our venue offers deluxe stadium seating, cinema quality sound, large screens and a diverse selection of films. Our fully licensed bar offers a selection of local wines, beers & catering options, along with experienced event staff and a variety of extras to make your event perfect. Host a private movie screening for your friends, staff or clients at Wanaka's finest entertainment venue.
Private Screenings can be held as part of a corporate evening for staff or clients, an enjoyable addition to a meeting or presentation, a popular way to fundraise or simply a great staff, social or group event.
SELECTING A FILM:
- Screenings are available of films that are currently playing and for most films, as a preview of a film yet released.
- A list of our film selections and their release dates can be provided by contacting the cinema. Please be aware that film availability is subject to approval by the film distributor and that release dates are subject to change.
- Film information is available from our website: www.rubyscinema.co.nz or www.imdb.com.
SELECTING A CINEMA:
- Our venue has two boutique cinemas. Cinema 1 has 37 seats and is equipped with the latest in 3D Digital technology. The Snug, Cinema 2, has 12 recliners and a sofa that can seat an additional three people (as well as our
‘Naughty Chair!’). This cinema screens from e-cinema and plays the majority of our Art House films.
- Prices are based on a per seat price applied to every seat in the cinema.
|$15.50 per seat prior to official release date||$13.50 per seat after official release date|
|Cinema 1 (37) Digital Only||$574.00||$500.00|
|Cinema 2 (12) E-Cinema only||$186.00||$162.00|
*Please note some films can only play in certain cinemas due to format.
SELECTING A TIME & DATE:
Screenings are generally available at the following times / days (Note: Some start times may not be available for certain films due to the length of the film):
|Tuesday||Anytime before 4.30pm|
|Friday||Anytime before 4.30pm|
|Saturday||Anytime before midday|
|Sunday||Anytime before midday|
GROUP BOOKINGS IN PUBLIC SESSIONS
Discounted Group Booking rates are available for groups of 10 or more to any of our public sessions. Tickets must be purchased in one transaction.
Adults: $16.50 per person
Children: $10.50 per person
Please contact the cinema for information on sessions or to make a booking.
Our cinemas can also be used for screening your own film* and the auditoriums make a great venue for meetings, seminars or presentations (with or without a film). Prices for cinema hire only are available on application and are based on an hourly rate dependent on both cinema size and timing. Please contact the cinema for specific information & pricing on cinema hire.
*Must be an original film, as all films are subject to copyright and have restrictions around being showed theatrically.
For fundraising, you can sell tickets at any price you choose, our standard ticket price is $18.50 for adults so we recommend this as a minimum. Please note there are some films that cannot be promoted or used for fundraising purposes.
Staff – Our trained staff will provide general assistance with all bookings, however extra staff can be provided if specific assistance is required.
FUNCTIONS, FOOD & BEVERAGE
Our venue offers a fully licensed bar with a selection of wines, beers and non-alcoholic beverages in addition to a full range of catering options
- Confirmation of your booking details is required no later than 2 weeks prior to the date of your booking.
- Following confirmation, an invoice will be emailed to you. Payment can be made by cheque, direct credit or credit card and is required no later than 10 days prior to the date of your booking.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies if you cancel your booking within 10 days of the date of the booking.
For further information or to make a booking, please contact Jordi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 164 5193.